Mechanical Design Engineer
Do you have experience in mechanical machine design, want to develop our automation, furnace and line products and are you ready for a new challenge? Do you want to be part of a competent team that strives to live up to our slogan "One Responsible Partner"?
Now you have the opportunity to take the next step in your career with a growing international company – a chance you do not want to miss! Apply for the position today as selection is ongoing.
About the assignment
AP&T provides sheet metal industries worldwide with complete production
systems as well as with stand-alone automation, presses and tooling. AP&T focuses on developing solutions for weight reduction, safety and energy efficiency in the final product.
Your main assignments will involve mechanical design and development. You will lead and participate in product development projects.
As mechanical design engineer, you will be given the opportunity to be part of an expansive organization currently present in Europe, Asia, North America and South America. At the R&D department, you will take part in developing equipment and processes to help our customers achieve quicker and more energy-efficient production – with the overall goal of sustainability. You will design machines for the most demanding producers today and be part of a 22-person highly motivated and innovative team of developers. The team consists of mechanical, electrical and software designers to ensure all aspects are taken in account when developing. What we can’t bring ourselves we develop by cooperating with other areas in the company and with external partners.
Your assignments as mechanical design engineer will include:
- Mechanical design of automation equipment, furnaces and related products for the production lines that AP&T delivers
- CAD design in SolidWorks
- Doing calculations and FEM analyses in SolidWorks
- Producing production and installation documents
- Setting up test procedures for mechanical testing
- Instructing and educating co-workers at handover to production
- Leading and participating in product development projects
- Degree level or the equivalent in mechanical design, solid mechanics
- Skilled in SolidWorks, Inventor or similar CAD
- Knowledge in machine safety is considered an additional qualification
- Fluent in Swedish and English, both written and verbal; language skills in German are considered an additional qualification
- Good collaboration skills
To succeed with the assignment, you need to have good problem-solving abilities and constantly see improvement opportunities. Furthermore, you need to be customer oriented, communicative and happy to work in a development-driven environment.
If you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact Drazen Klint at 010-471 35 23.