Important role of suppliers
We also actively work to evaluate our partnerships in relation to set goals by, for example, making assessments at our suppliers’ premises and continuously measuring key figures. Our suppliers play an important role in our promise to be One Responsible Partner®.
Major opportunities and tough demands
As a supplier to AP&T, you take part in the development of tomorrow’s solutions for demanding customers all over the world.
- Our customers have very high demands, which means that both we and our suppliers and must constantly stay at the very forefront of technology.
- We aim to build long-term and competitive relationships with our suppliers.
- We have a solid reputation of supplying quality and taking responsibility for our customers.
This means the demands we place on our suppliers are as high as the demands we place on ourselves.
Quality: AP&T expects its suppliers to deliver with the motto of “Correct and faultless from me”. The supplier must have appropriate quality assurance procedures in place to ensure that deliveries to AP&T correspond to the agreed level of quality.
Delivery precision: AP&T expects the supplier to deliver in accordance with the agreed schedule.
Cost trend: AP&T constantly works to lower its costs. Consequently, we expect AP&T suppliers to lower their costs on a continuous basis. This means that lowering costs is not a wish or an aim but rather a demand.
Constant improvement: AP&T expects the supplier to work towards achieving ongoing improvements.
Common risks: Doing business is associated with taking risks. Being a supplier to AP&T sometimes means initially taking calculated risks together with AP&T.
Social responsibility: AP&T works with suppliers that respect human rights and take them into account, that respect and work to achieve a better environment, that adhere to national and international laws and that constantly help us to improve our offering.
AP&T's purchasing policy
AP&T's purchasing is to entail:
- Corporate social responsibility and adherence to ethical standards.
- Focus on the customer.
- High degree of service along the entire supply chain; in other words, the right level of quality, at the right time, at a competitive price.
- Constant improvements.
- Business decisions being made on a commercial basis.
- High degree of efficiency and a minimum of bureaucracy.
- Good understanding of AP&T’s supplier market.
This is to result in:
- Responsible behavior towards employees, suppliers and society.
- Us cooperating with suppliers that respect human rights and take them into account, that respect and work to achieve a better environment, that adhere to national and international laws and that constantly help us to improve our offering.
AP&T's delivery agreement
The demands of our customers govern our operations, so it is natural that their demands are reflected in the agreements we sign with our suppliers.